Sunday, June 13, 2010

May Tethered Threads Blocks - Marty and Megan



I have been such a bad blogger. May was my month for Tethered Threads, and I haven't posted anything. To be honest, I've received most of my blocks, but most are still in envelopes on my desk waiting to be opened and squealed over. For some reason, I didn't want to open them if I couldn't blog about them right away. Now that things have settled down, I'll be able to post a few at a time. So, without further excuse-making:
The fabrics I selected were from the Nicey Jane collection by Heather Bailey. I requested that people make blocks inspired by Modify Tradition, my latest obsession. The first two blocks that I received were from Marty:
Both of these blocks are from the Dear Jane book, and I love the way she used multiple prints in each, making them very modern. The block on the left is number H-1, Peek-a-boo, and the block on the right is number L-2, Stephanie's Snowflake. Don't you just love how they came out?

The next blocks I got were from Megan, who somehow managed to get her blocks made and mailed right before her wedding (check out her blog, her wedding dress is gorgeous and she made it herself):
The block on the left is a Quatrefoil, and the one on the right is an Antique Tile (one of my very favorite blocks). These are super-cute and I can't wait to start assembling my quilt top!

No comments:

Post a Comment